Sunday, 13 March 2016
Tyrell, Jacob and I have begun working on editing our title sequence for Media studies.We have been staying behind multiple days after school to edit the shots we've recorded for our title sequence over the past week using Final Cut Pro on the Apple iMac. We have done multiple draft versions of our title sequence, ensuring that we can edit and alter what we already have so that it fits our idea and direction for the genre, we want to ensure that we get the best shots and By filming multiple shots and different angles we have so much more to work with. In terms of altering certain things for our idea, we found we had to re-shoot a scene. For our Illuminati sequence, we originally discovered that the file hadn't saved and loaded properly onto Final Cut, meaning that we unfortunately lost the footage. But, on Thursday 3rd March, we decided to take the initiative and re-shoot our Illuminati sequence again, using the same drama room as before where We experimented around with the lighting equipments provided in order to get our desired effect. Hopefully this time round with this experience of our last shoot we can get better lighting. Although k was happy with how it tinted out, once edited it was way too dark. So this was a chance to re-make the gold. On top of this, we decided to shoot the scene (again on Thursday 3rd March) for the Evangelists and the Illuminati scene. We again used the drama department and played around with the different varieties of lighting equipments that were provided. We used symbolic religious imagery in terms of Mise-En-Scene as the setting was brightly lit, almost as if this scene was spiritual and illuminating. We also used a T-pose to crudely imitate Jesus on a cross. We still have to shoot one more scene which shows the government leader entering into the building and meeting his secretary who directs him to his meeting and then, we should have the majority of the title sequence finished (along with any more re-shoots that may need to be considered).